Summer Road Trip ChecklistJun 28th, 2017
Summer Road Trip Checklist
It's summer and that means it's time to get in your car and take a road trip! With warmer weather, snow-free roads, and hundreds, if not thousands, of amazing destinations all over Ontario and Canada, the road is calling you. At Mississauga Hyundai, we know how much people and their families love taking exciting summer road trips. Because you don’t want to waste time focusing on car problems, we thought it would be a perfect time to share our summer road trip checklist to make your trip as trouble-free as possible.
Even before you pick a destination, it is necessary that you schedule a full check-up for your car. This critical maintenance and inspection should include checking your wipers, fluid levels, battery strength, tire condition, and brakes.
When you bring your car into the service department at Mississauga Hyundai, our factory-trained technicians use the latest high-tech equipment and genuine parts, to make sure that your vehicle is 100% prepared for any long or short trip. Other benefits you'll receive when you choose us to prep your car for a summer road trip include:
- We are only 1 of 2 Hyundai service departments open seven days a week
- We also service all makes and models
- Easy online appointments using our Real-Time booking agent
- You can earn up to 5% on your loyalty card which can be redeemed in our Sales, Service or Parts Department
Pack the Essentials
Just throwing a bathing suit and a good book into a bag might seem like enough for a summer road trip, but it isn't. Many people forget to prepare for the time in the car and not just for the destination. We suggest you bring along the following:
- Sunglasses aren't just a fashion accessory, they also protect your eyes and make for safer daytime driving
- A first-aid kit that includes hand sanitizer, cold packs, band aids, alcohol wipes, your particular medicines, and a list of your medical contacts
- Extra water and snacks in case of a breakdown or detours
- Portable GPS navigation system, if one is not included in your vehicle
- Flashlights, portable phone chargers, and hand-crank/solar powered radio
Finally, yet importantly, you also might want to consider bringing a paper map as a back-up in case you are out of power or mobile service areas.
Planning, Planning, and More Planning
We don't mean to harp on this point, but planning is important. This is especially the case if you have kids. Driving with kids is never easy, so make sure you have everything that will keep them comfortable, calm, and entertained. You should also plan out stops for all the necessities such as food and the restroom. Because the summer months are primetime for vacations, you absolutely need to make all the needed reservations well in advance, including hotels, theme parks, tours, and national parks. Also, don't just rely on technology to get you there, take some time before leaving to map out your trip. Trust us, it will lower your stress levels and let you enjoy the ride.
As we mentioned before, the service department at Mississauga Hyundai is an invaluable tool in making your next summer road trip safe and fun. To learn more about how we can help, or about the amazing new and pre-owned Hyundai vehicles that can take your summer road trip to the next level, please contact us or drop by Mississauga Hyundai today.