How to get your car ready for winter?Nov 2nd, 2018
Your local service experts at Mississauga Hyundai want to make sure you have a special holiday season. Make sure your car is prepared for the cold drop in temperatures and harsh weather with their top winter car care tips. Book your winter vehicle service appointment today.
The holidays are right around the corner, and you may want to start preparing for the festivities. Take the time now to start with your vehicle. Get your car ready for the cold weather and slick roads. Make sure it has what it needs to get you where you need to go. If you protect your engine now, it will thank you later. Here are your top car maintenance tips to make sure your vehicle gets you through the next few months.
- Tires- Check to make sure that your tires have enough tread to last for several more months. If you live in an area that sees harsh storms, you may want to think about upgrading to winter tires. This is not only for your safety, but for the safety of those on the road around you. Make sure that your tires are balanced, and that they are properly inflated.
- Engine- Check your engine oil and change it sooner than later. Clean oil is important in the winter, as most engine wear happens when the engine is cold and has been sitting over night. The cleaner the oil, the better lubrication your engine will get on cold mornings. Always change the air filters, and make sure that your cooling system is working well.
- Brakes- Brakes are incredibly important this time of year, particularly because the weather can cause them to malfunction or work too well. Have your brake pads checked to ensure that they will last through the winter. This is also a good time to check on your emergency brake, to make sure it is functioning as designed.
- Battery- Batteries do not like cold weather, and it is important that you get yours inspected if you suspect it’s starting to fail. If your battery is on the verge of going out, the change in temperatures may be all it needs to finally fail. Replace it before it leaves you stranded in the cold.
- Lights- Now is the time to check on your vehicle’s exterior lights. Check your turn signals, high beams and low beams, hazard lights, reverse lights, and your fog lights (if equipped).
- Wipers- Inspect your wiper blades. Use your windshield washer fluid or a hose to spray the windshield and verify that your wiper blades are adequate. If the blades leave large streaks, have missed sections that are critical for your line of sight, or failed to respond to the switch, you will want to address these issues now.
Contact your local service specialists at Mississauga Hyundai to schedule an appointment for winter car care. Our experts will get you back on the road fast, and with confidence that your vehicle is ready for winter weather. Talk to our team of technicians about what other tips they have for you when it comes to winter driving safety.